A client-centred support service for those who have been affected by domestic, sexual or gender based violence including women, men, young people and all persons of different sexual or gender identities. Located in Wexford, Gorey, Enniscorthy and New Ross.
Services provided include ;
- Counselling and Support Services : A confidential counselling service which offers one to one counselling to male and female survivors of sexual, domestic or gender based violence.
- Adolescent Counselling : Available to boys and girls aged 12 and upwards who have experienced sexual, domestic or gender based violence in their lives.
- Helpline : A freephone counselling service is available for survivors from Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm. 1800 330033
- Court Accompaniment : Wexford Rape Crisis offers court accompaniment and help with victim impact statements for those going through the legal process.
- Garda Accompaniment : The service provides Garda accompaniment to clients who wish to make a statement reporting their abuse.
- Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention Programme : this is an interactive educational programme for young people aimed at informing them about sexual violence and helping to reduce future levels of sexual violence. Contact Carolyn Brohan 053 9122722
Cost of Service : Counselling sessions are 50 minutes in duration and usually take place once per week. The first 10 sessions are free of charge and thereafter a minimum fee of €10 per session is requested.
Contact Person Clare Williams (Manager)
Target Age Group 16 years and up.
Eligibility Criteria A client must be over the age of 16. If client is under 18, parental consent must be given (i.e. sign “Parental Consent Form”).
Referrals Self-referrals, G.P’s, HSE (Social Workers), other agencies.
NOTE : In the event of an emergency out of hours, the Dublin RCC 24 hour helpline can be contacted on 1800 77 88 88.
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Appointments taken by phone only.