Our guidance information service is available to all general public (16 years +) with regard to course information on education/ training opportunities.
referrals (by phone call, Email, or in person) are self-referrals as well as referrals made by other support agencies/professionals. Guidance support with a guidance counsellor is only available to specific target groups (taken from Adult education Initiative (AEGI) operational guidelines 2012).
- Adult and young people aged 16+ who left school with low or no formal qualifications or low literacy levels.
- Unemployed particularly the priority groups identified as part of the governments activation agenda.
- The long-term unemployed and those at risk of becoming long term unemployed, especially those in the older age groups.
- Those not in work but eligible to be on the live register.
- Those in the workplace with basic skills needs.
- Disadvantaged women who have particular experience of barriers to participation.
- Disadvantaged men, including those experiencing rural isolation.
- Lone parents and others with caring responsibilities that ay prohibit their participation in full time courses.
Office hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm